Water Cooler  

Go Back   Water Cooler > The Water Cooler

The Water Cooler Welcome to WickedWaterCooler.com a general discussion board, a forum and community discussion board dedicated to off topic subjects as an addition or an alternative to forums where off topic forums are not provided or too heavily moderated.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2011
Water Cooler Member

Default Saturday was a nice day, so took a few shots at ........

........the rifle range. Been waiting for a nice day to get out to the range again, and Saturday morning was perfect weather.

I bought this neat plinker last year, and so far it's been a lot fun. This limited edition rifle was created by Ruger in partnership with TALO to raise money for the Olympic Shooting Team. It likes Wolf Match Target & CCI mini-mag ammo right now, but it'll eat anything. This thing doesn't even move when you fire it; there's practically no recoil. It’s a bit smaller feeling than my larger custom build, but it’s light weight and good ergonomics make it a fun plinker. This is small enough that my 7-yr old son is starting with it. Incredible balance and the trigger is pretty smooth. This is my 50-yard rifle.

Here's the specs:
- Ruger 10/22 receiver.
- Limited Edition TALO thumbhole stock in red, white, and blue.
- Eurathane bolt recoil buffer.
- .920 stainless steel twist target barrel.
- Simmons 3-9x40 scope. Cheap, but it holds zero just fine.
- Dednutz scope base (Low).
- It's currently sitting on a Predator adjustable benchrest, which is cheap, but suits my needs fine and is light and portable.

Photos taken with Nikon D3100. Still lovin' this camera. Small, light, does everything I need and then some really well.

Thanks for looking at my pics.

- OmegaMan