Water Cooler  

Go Back   Water Cooler > The Water Cooler

The Water Cooler Welcome to WickedWaterCooler.com a general discussion board, a forum and community discussion board dedicated to off topic subjects as an addition or an alternative to forums where off topic forums are not provided or too heavily moderated.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2011
Not a Forum Owner

Default Arkansas.................

http://www.netstate.com/states/geogr..._geography.htm

I came here in the summer of 2006, from Orange Park, Florida. My wife died in February and I left in June, on my way to Seattle and beyond.

Seems that I never made it past El Dorado. I bought a house (a century old cottage) on N. Madison Ave, let my adopted grandson go live with his father, and married Elaine. I also left the Roman Catholic communion, and was baptized a Southern Baptist.

I finished my MBA at Little Rock Air Force Base, a hunded and twenty mile drive that I made weekly for two years. Then I qualified to teach high school science (chemistry and physics) in the Arkansas public schools, and worked one school year in a 99% Black school district.

Arkansas (mainly El Dorado) is a study in stark contrasts. I live two doors down from a billionaire, and in a neighborhood with hundreds of millionaires, yet within two miles of my house exists poverty of such depth that would make Mexico or even Cuba ashamed!

But I am very comfortable here. I have a rent a small portrait studio, have a photobooth in another rented building downtown, my wife is a wedding planner and has all the work she wants to do, my 31ft Rockwood is on the Ouchita river on a lot we own........... I am a Rotarian, drive a Mercedes and am "well respected," kind of a noblisse oblige term of art in the neighborhood.

My late wife, Lily (my Skye Terrier, and closest companion) and I will be buried together in the High Banks Cemetary, where the first grave dates from 1848.

I am about as happy as any live man can be! (from Plato, "Never call a living man happy!")